In our RE curriculum, we meet the aims and objectives in the Sheffield Diocesan Agreed Syllabus by:
• Learning about religious and non religious beliefs and worldviews, practices and ways of life.
• Developing knowledge and understanding of all members that make up our rich and diverse community.
• Undertaking visits to a variety of local places of worship and visits from those of faith communities.
• Developing knowledge and understanding of concepts and skills to make sense of religion and belief.
• Developing positive attitudes and values to reflect and relate learning in RE to their own experience.
• Having the opportunity to learn that there are those who do not hold religious beliefs and have their own philosophical perspectives.
We are committed to providing children with an exciting and positive learning environment, in which they have the opportunity to develop their knowledge and understanding of religions while contributing to their spiritual, moral social and cultural development.
The Christian elements of the RE curriculum are taught through the Understanding Christianity Programme.